Friday, August 6, 2010

LET'S GO BOWLING

Being the true western New Yorkers we are, we decided to go bowling last night. Lucky for us, there’s a bowling alley right in the ‘hood – www.HarlemLanes.com. Their website has pictures of Russell Simmons and Ja Rule bowling there, so how could we not go?
We walked into the place and were greeted by that record-screech sound effect…you know, like when Gary and Wyatt walked into the The Kandy Bar in “Weird Science.” OK, not literally, but let’s just say that in the entire bowling alley, the next closest white person was Ms. Pac Man.
I’ve been to Rock ‘n Bowl many, many times. Last night was my first time at Video Vixen Bowl. The girl a few lanes down was a terrible bowler, but god damn, she could back that ass up when her jam came on. The guys next to us were pretty awesome bowlers. One of the guys picked up a tough spare as I was getting ready to take a turn, so as he walked back, I thought to myself, “this is it, time to break the ice,” so I held it out there – my five, and an extra demonstrative high one at that.
One-one thousand, two-one thousand, uh-oh, did I overstep? Nah, dude was psyched and gave me a mean high five – not angry-mean, but mean like Beaver Cleaver would say. Phew, we was down now – did I use that right?. Laughing, joking and rooting for each other – we were like a Benetton ad. OK, so it was more like a Jimmy Jazz ad, but you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment